(1) Appliance delivery guy is legally bound from installing the dishwasher because a previous owner did not move the stop valve to the main floor while renovating the kitchen. We find it in the basement.
(2) The faucet thingie to the stop valve is rusted shut.
(3) We discover that the dishwasher was hard-wired to the house. I stand in a corner while David swears a lot.
(4) The stop valve finally shuts, or so we thought, and then David unhooks the dishwasher. Water gushes out, all over a panel of live electrical stuff. Kitchen starts flooding. House loses electricity.
(5) The dishwasher can't be removed, even after all the events above are resolved, because there is a copper water line running in front of the unit. The line will have to be cut.
(6) Plumbers arrive. Two hours and $234 later, they cut the line and install the dishwasher...
(7) ... incorrectly. Dishwasher nearly falls out of its space when we're loading it with dishes. We find it isn't fastened to the counter at the top.
|David, trying to secure the dishwasher. He'll have to do some tweaking later, but it's good for right now.|
|My little bear is safe with Mommy.|
Though after all that happened, we discovered a decent southern BBQ food truck in town. yaaaaay.