2.20.2013

I'll be back soon. I promise.

"Why are we forever weaving new ties to bind us to the earth..." -- Davy Jones

I was in a conversation over lunch a couple weeks ago when the group started to talk about politics... as that's apparently a pleasurable topic of discussion... and I said something about how some odd person I knew didn't like Obama.  Because, in my circle of friends and family, it's really weird and fascinating if someone votes Republican.

So, when the other person in the group said, "Well, no one here voted for Obama," it was a natural reaction when I nearly laughed lemonade out my nose.  Then he was like, "I'm serious.  No one here voted for Obama."  All I could say was, "Uh...[looking at everyone like they're lunatics]... and why?"

The basic answer was money.  Their short-sighted version of what should be happening with money.  Their I-just-hate-Obama-so-I-won't-pay-attention-to-anything-else-but-the-fact-that-I-hate-him stupidity.

All I could tell them was, "Well, I didn't vote based on my paycheck."

One man said, "But it's your life."

My response:  I laughed at him.  Then said, nearly verbatim, "My paycheck is not my life.  If money were my life, I would be a disappointing excuse of a person.  I voted based on human rights.  If you want to vote for someone that will maybe make you more money in the meantime, but make sure that no one else has any -- and for that matter, will make sure that you have no money by the time you're 65 -- then knock yourself out.  If you want to vote for someone that will make you more money in the meantime, but also make sure that women are sent back to the kitchen and gays are sent back to mental hospitals, then knock yourself out.  Really -- physically knock yourself out.  For the sake of humanity.  Please."

---

In other news, I slept wrong on my neck two nights ago, so I now have one of those hot pad thingies on my shoulders.  Doesn't help that I'm leaning over a laptop right now, though.

In another news, things have been dramatic lately, and I can't blog about it because it isn't exactly public knowledge for people in both my personal and professional realms.

I had so much more text, making that last sentence a paragraph.  However, because the universe hates me, there are apparently some peers within my professional world who read my blog.  (And, I seriously ask you:  Why?  What is so interesting about "girl with cats who cooks and swears a lot and knows way too much about The Monkees"?  Don't you guys have like, kids or something?)  This is the reason I haven't posted in nearly two months -- I don't know what the fuck I can say anymore.

But I'll be back soon.  I promise.

9 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful person Susie. You're intelligent, gorgeous, well-kept, have amazing beliefs, responsible, and very mature. If people can't respect your own decision and take you for who you are, then they don't deserve to have someone as great as you in their lives. I believe you will find your place, it will just take time. As long as you keep believing in yourself and being true to everything you stand for, you'll find out who is really there for you and who is just a casual person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not blog anonymously?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why should she? It's her blog, she shouldn't have to feel restricted in putting what she wants because people from her work go digging around and find her stuff online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, Chris, that's exactly what happened. They were digging anonymously, in fact. A post of mine somehow showed up, printed in color, on my boss's desk one day, and I never found out who did it. It was so degrading to have to delete things from my personal blog, just because people didn't want to look bad... when, in reality, I'm not the one making them look bad. They are.

      Delete
  5. Wow that was such a douchebag move they pulled. I'm so sorry hun. People need to learn to move the fuck on and let people who start no drama stay to themselves. You're not a troublemaker so why do you have to suffer, ya know?

    In other news, how's your neck feeling? I hope you're not in too much pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neck is feeling better -- went to a chiropractor yesterday! He couldn't adjust my lower back though, so that still hurts.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete