12.30.2012

Sunday Confessions Link Up aaaaaaand a special birthday!

First things first!  A very happy birthday to Michael Nesmith, who is turning 70!!  He shared a birthday with Davy Jones, who would have been 67 today.

From R.I.P. Davy Jones


And now, it's that time of the week!  If you're interested (and you should be), link up with the lovely Alyx and publicize your sins, baby.



1.  I woke up at about 3:30 p.m. today.
I have been sick for over two weeks, my sleep schedule is weird, and... um, Adrianne Curry was doing a live chat last night.  I know it's weird, but I think that she and I have a lot in common -- nerd stuff, being from the Midwest, etc.  Thing is, the chat was just full of boys going "HEY TALK ABOUT BOOBS" and she would then actually talk about boobs.  The whole thing gave me a headache.

2.  I received Mastering the Art of French Cooking for Christmas, and I'm in love with the pages.
Seriously.  I just run my hands over the pages.  They're all soft.

3.  I'm currently upset because David is going to a party tonight, and I'm not "allowed" or whatever.
Apparently only David's co-workers are invited, even though they're going to my favorite bar/restaurant (The Checkerboard), and with David going out to eat, I'll have to make dinner for one tonight, which is depressing, and I'd much rather go out and have some of The Checkerboard's broccoli (which I'm obsessed with), but I'm not allowed.  :(  So if I do go and get dinner there, I'll have to like, pretend not to notice David, having fun with his party.  

4.  I'm seeing Les Mis tomorrow night, and I'm afraid I'll cry during the movie in front of my family.
That would be embarrassing.  I am, however, looking forward to this annual tradition:  On New Year's Eve, I go out with my mom and her sister (and spouse) (and now David) (and sometimes a boy I'm dating, if applicable... not applicable this year) to dinner, exchange Christmas gifts, and see a movie.  So far, we have always managed to pick a movie that later wins an Academy Award!

5.  My cats provide me with hours of entertainment.
Sometimes, I seriously just sit in the living room and watch them being stinkers.  They chase each other around, play with ping pong balls, take naps in funny poses.  Right now I'm watching Micky trying to awkwardly sit on a comforter -- she doesn't quite fit into one area of it, but she wants to be there so she'll make it happen.  Bellatrix is on the other side of the room, doing her "lying on her side and not giving a fuuuuck" position.  They really are just too funny.


Yep.  I'm a crazy cat lady now.


8 comments:

  1. WHA?!?!? You really can't go with him? That stinks. I'd probably throw myself a pity party. It's pathetic, really - how lonely I feel whenever Mike gets to do something fun without me.

    And... I didn't cry during Les Mis, and I've got crazy hormones, so that should give you some hope, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. Apparently the guy whose birthday it is just wanted it to be co-workers only. Stupid.

      That does give me hope, haha! Glad you had 2.5 hours of no crying ;)

      Delete
  2. I spent about an hour watching a cat try to walk over some ice on the road... could have spent the entire day if the cat hadn't given up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I do the same thing with my cats. Lately one sits on a little table while another sits underneath. I just wait and see whose tail will be grabbed or face whose face will be swatted. And have fun at Les Mis and feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's totally lame that you can't go to your husband's work party. I really hate it when employers throw "employees only" parties. I'd be upset too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stinks you can't go to your husbands party...I know the feeling!!
    we just saw Les Mis...listening to the soundtrack ever since...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally understand the cat comment! I have two.. here's to crazy cat ladies :-)
    http://lifeinsidethelocket.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete