11.04.2012

Sunday Confessions Link Up

My very first Sunday Confessions!



First, I want to thank Alyx from Every Day is a New Adventure, who hosts the Sunday Confessions Link Ups, but she also took the time to email with me earlier today, showing me how to do this.  I really appreciate her walking me through the process, and I would suggest her blog to anyone.  She's funny and refreshing.

(my inner voice:  "Okay, Susie, so don't fuck this up.")

So my confessions:


1.  I didn't do anything this weekend.  Usually, I'll tidy up the downstairs or try a new recipe, but this weekend, I sat around, played Angry Birds on my phone, and watched movies in my pajamas.  I did, however, join my dad in visiting a historic landmark near my town.  Which brings me to #2...

2.  There is a battleground 15 minutes from where I live, and before today, I don't remember the last time I visited it.  It was the Battle of Tippecanoe, in November of 1811.  There is now a monument, gravestones, and a museum on site.  It was really interesting to see everything and read about it, especially now that I've seen Into the West.

We're assholes. 

The sign outside the museum
The monument

Trees in the battlefield.  Something I noticed:  Almost all the trees, about 3/4 of the way up, were curvy somehow, like they'd been damaged about... oh... 200 years ago.  It was fascinating once we noticed that all the trees in the battlefield had this going on, but none of the trees around the museum (outside the battlefield) did.

3.  I'm one of the biggest feminists that I know, but one of my dream jobs is to be just like one of those perfect 1950s housewives.  Really, I just want to know how to use hot rollers.

4.  I don't get the appeal of the song "Call Me Maybe."  David's confession would be that he loves that song.

5.  Sometimes I use frozen and canned vegetables.  Please don't judge... I know a lot of my blog has been about food...but... it's just a momentary lapse in judgment... but... OH GOD WHY

5 comments:

  1. You have a relative's name printed on the stone somewhere? At least that's what I have been told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment is posted as Anonymous, so I'm sorry, but I don't know who this is, so for right now I can't get into that. What I can tell you is that there was a log book, and I didn't find last names of neither my father nor my mother. There was an officer in that battle with a last name of McMahan, and there was a McMahan that maybe married a cousin of my grandmother's. That's the only thing I really learned of genealogy today. Other than everything else I asked my dad.

      Delete
  2. uneventful slow weekends are the best...
    I use many frozen and canned vegetables...I am thinking of switching to frozen for some of my favorite recipes where i have always used fresh...seems easier and cheaper and less time consuming.
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pahahaha, don't judge me... I use frozen broccoli all the time just because if I buy it fresh, it goes bad!

    And dude. you are too nice. I appreciate all those awesome things you said about me up there. I'm blushing. REally.

    How cool to live so close to a piece of history.

    Thanks for taking the time to link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the nice things I said are YOUR. FAULT. ;)

      This was fun and I hope to keep linking up!

      Delete