5.21.2012

IndyCar

David has started a blog on IndyCar here.  He only just created it today, so be patient if it goes through some changes.

Pole Day, 2012

I'll also write about IndyCar today, as this past weekend was filled with qualifying and this weekend is the Indianapolis 500.  I posted about my love of the 500 a year ago, but a lot has changed since then:
  • Dan Wheldon's death affected everything about IndyCar.  The new chassis for the safer cars were named after him.  Fans mourned worldwide.  New rules.  Cancelling the Las Vegas race from 2012's schedule.  People asking if racing is worth it. 
  • David's love for IndyCar grew, and we've started having get-togethers for every IndyCar race.  Almost every weekend this spring, we've gathered and watched each race on TV, with my laptop open running the live feed and Twitter simultaneously for additional coverage. 
  • No Jell-O shots this year.  They're just so messy.
I love everything about IndyCar.  Yes, it could use some improvement, but I have my memories.  If you want to read more about the IndyCar sentiment, follow David's blog -- linked above.




In other news, I got an iPhone, and this happens:

No comments:

Post a Comment