1.10.2012

I miss sleep.

I decided to stay at home for a week.  I didn't tell many people I was doing this, because I pretty much wanted to be left the fuck alone, so when I returned to work yesterday, here's how all my conversations went:

Enginerd:  Whoa!  Where've you been?  Thought maybe you got the axe.  [cue karate chop motion, complete with vocal sound effect]
Me:  Um...?  No, I didn't.  I took some time off.
Enginerd:  Where'd you go?  On a singles' cruise?  Get yo' freak onnnn?  Amirite?  Hahahahahhaa--
Me:  No.  Just spent it at home. 
Enginerd:  Ahhh, a staycation, eh?  Schweeeet.

...

So in my week off:  I played computer games, I didn't cook, I barely bathed, and best of all, I slept about 12 hours a day.  And I'm back at work this week, which means I've had six hours of sleep in the last two days.  Now, I hear how new parents and Kim Kardashian complain about sleep deprivation all the time, but for right now, all of you shut up.  I am going back into sleep debt and feel absolutely miserable. 

Now I have routine again.  And not the kind of routine that looks like:  sleep, SWTOR, nap, food/SWTOR, Netflix, sleep.  Because it looks like:  work, food, work, work out, food, toss around in bed, work.

Anyway, the holidays before my vacation-where-I-went-nowhere (seriously.  I would rather say that than have to hear Enginerd in my head.  not even trying to be funny here.) were good:

I babysat my two-year-old niece (whom henceforth shall be referred to as "Monkey") overnight a couple days before Christmas, and that was fun.  My brother was taking me through the house beforehand, making sure I knew where Monkey's little potty was, the food she likes, etc.  And then he knelt down next to this creepy looking toy elf stuffed in a stocking that hung down from the railing below us and said, quite seriously, "This is Chippy.  He is a magical elf.  If anyone touches him, he loses his magic."

"Are you high?" I asked.

"Pffft.  Anyway, it's supposed to be in a new spot every morning.  Just take him after she goes to bed and move him somewhere.  It's supposed to be somewhere up high so he can watch over both of them.  Both she and Bean will ask about him tomorrow morning and try to find him."

So I did this:

So the next morning, after SOMEONE'S ABCs woke me up through the baby monitor at 5:30 a.m, Monkey went looking for the evil elf that probably would've given me nightmares when I was a kid, and as soon as she saw him, she went apeshit and was like "CHIPPY!!!" and danced around happily.  I'm proud of my work. 

Then Christmas was good.  Went to my brother's again.  Still bad at wrapping gifts:


In other news, David is still looking for work, but he has leads on a few places.  He told me to not ask him about anything for fear of jinxing an offer.  He also got more information today on collecting unemployment, and from what he's told me so far, it appears that being a veteran has its handy moments.

Then in my free time, I have been immersed in SWTOR.  That's pretty much all I did on my week off, and it was awesome.  I won't really go into the details of SWTOR on here because it will probably bore everyone else, but I will say that all my characters are named after Shakespeare roles.  The Minola Legacy.  Represent

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try SWTOR out for a while now. Worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. And that's coming from someone who has never seen a Star Wars movie in her life -- the Star Wars fans say the storyline is really good. Other than that, there are so many fun things to do. I just dinged level 48 tonight. I'm broke from crafting, though.

    ReplyDelete