11.04.2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic

So David got a beta invite for SWTOR.  I am so jealous.  We've both pre-ordered our copies, but I've still got to wait probably a month before I can play, too.  He's been playing ever since he ran home from work yesterday to download it on the brand new computer he bought for this sole occasion.  I don't know anyone that can focus like he can.  He was up until 2 a.m. last night, and he was playing again when I got home from work today.

I'd have more of the screen in the picture, but he's under a confidentiality contract.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with SWTOR, it's a new MMO that comes out in December.  It's like WoW, but Star Wars-based.  David's already set up a guild, which he'll be leading.  It's my first MMO.  I'm a bit nervous, because I've never been a Star Wars fan -- admittedly, I've never even seen any of the movies -- and I'm not a big fan of science fiction in general, either.  But David has seen the meticulous way I play Sims enough to say that I would not only love this game, but excel at it.

Everyone else I talked to who is beta testing for SWTOR say it's the last game one would ever play.  I hope they're right.

And I hope David can manage to leave the computer in a few weeks to come downstairs for Thanksgiving dinner.

2 comments:

  1. If I ever got into an MMO, it would be at the onset of one, much like this. Ruh-roh.

    Also, I'm so glad I'm not the only person alive who has never seen the Star Wars movies... "/

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in high school, my astronomy teacher would show Star Wars movies in class occasionally, mostly at the end of the semester when we'd already taken finals but we still had class. I slept through them.

    ReplyDelete